Skip to content
slvngl's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 9:00 PM

New modem / Lost static IP

Hello,

A technician came to replace a faulty modem in our office and since the new modem our static IPs are no longer coming into our link. Called tier-1, they opened a CR with tier-2 but not getting a response after 8 hours. Is there anything we can do on our own at the modem level?

Any help appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

I have had this problem before, both on new installs and on modem swaps. The modem was likely not provisioned with your static IP configuration correctly. If you PM one of the forum admins here with your CR number, they may be able to escalate your case. Otherwise, the only option is to call back in to support (800-391-3000) and make another tech support request. There is nothing you can do on your end, but I have had success every time in getting a support agent to remotely login to the modem & properly configure it.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks train_wreck, I'll contact the admins and see if it helps. I have two CRs open, was promised a call before COB today on both but nothing. It's been a marvellous day with Comcast technicians today Smiley Happy

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

9 years ago

Hello slvngl welcome to the forum,

I'm sorry to hear that your static IP's are not working. Can you please send me a private message with your account number and the tickets numbers if you have them?

Thank you

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Comcast_Jacob, thanks for your help but I'm all set as of this morning. After calling tier-1 again last night and being promised a call by tier-2 within 20min I was again left hanging. Called tier-1 again this morning and somehow the tech today knew how to provision our static IPs.

I wish dealing with Comcast's tech support was less frustrating. Had to deal with an obnoxious onsite tech who was denying that the modem had a provisioning issue, multiple techs on the phone passing the ball to tier-2 without thinking twice, a non-responsive tier-2 and never any status update of any kind.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

9 years ago

I'm glad to hear that your problem was finally resolved. I'm also sorry about the poor experience that you had with the techs.

Please let us know if any issues come up.

Thank you