2 Messages

Monday, March 25th, 2019 11:00 AM

need static ipv4 setup instructions?

Looking for help on the following:

I have a fixed ip address with comcast.

The comcast router has an internal static address of 10.1.10.1

We have 3 computers using dynamic internal address’s
i.e. 10.1.10. X

Because we have a software product with a server that has to have the internal address updated manually every time the machine gets rebooted or when windows update does its update which seems like weekly, We want to make the ipv4 address’s of these 3 computers remain the same (static 10.1.10. X )

I am in need of setup instruction for the comcast smcd3g-ccr supplied router we are using at 10.1.10.1

As well as setup instructions for the 3 local machines in our ipv4 lan.

Can you please provide this?

Thank you

[removed identifying information from public forum]

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Ed and thank you so much for reaching out to us about the static IPv4! You'll want to assign the private address from the PCs so they don't renew: https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-static-ip-local-area-network/ . If you need it, you can download the user guide for the SMC as well: www.smc.com/en-global/download/downloadFile/51 . Please let us know if you run into any issues along the way, we'll be glad to look into it for you 🙂 

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

My sincere apologies! I wasn't able to grab one directly from our site or the SMC one, but there are a few links with downloadable guides if you Google that model. 

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunatley the link you provided is not for the comcast modem/router that I typed out previously. Do you have a link to the manual for the modem/router I have (smcd3g-ccr) ?