Skip to content
aburt's profile

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Monday, October 26th, 2015 12:00 PM

Need comcast help to get signed up for the Comcast Feedback Loop

Hi, I'm trying to sign up for the Comcast Feedback Loop, as suggested by Comcast's security team. However, when I submit the registration form for the Comcast Feedback Loop, it says it needs to send a confirmation email to abuse@[my-ip-number]-colorado.hfc.comcastbusiness.net -- which is an address I can't receive.

So, I seem to need to have my whois data in the ARIN database so it can send me the confirmation email. How can I do that? FYI we have a /29 static ip block.

(Or I need someone at Comcast who -can- get that confirmation email to click ok. Via the form I gave it an email address to use for the actual CFL messages, so [I think] other than the confirmation email I don't need to receive the other abuse@ emails or change the ARIN whois data.)

So.... hi, Comcast... how can I get confirmed for the CFL?  Thx.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Ha! Okay, got it figured out on my own. (This seems to have entirely stumped comcast, since I had no reply to this thread, no reply to a PM to a mod, and the phone tech spt fellow had no ideas either). So, for anyone else looking to accomplish this...:

I had to fill out the CFL request form listing each ip# individually (not as a /29 block), and NOT including the first and last ip# in the block (the network ip# and broadcast ip#) -- so just the middle, actually usable ip#s -- in which case it did a reverse DNS lookup on those, and found the abuse@ address for my domain. That does require that you already have the rDNS data set up (which I had done some time ago, thank goodness).

FYI they only approved the first ip# of my static ip block, which is odd, but happens to be the one that matters. So, on to new adventures...

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am new to the message board, and just need to make a post.  I could not get the email addresses of mentors to ask them a question in a personal message, and I could not find a "post message" button on the forum. 

That having been said, I had a major computer crash 2 weeks ago and had to reload all of my apps after a reboot.  I have all my data files, but not my apps.  My backup used to be done to my external hard drive, but I cannot now open the backup because the type of Norton software provided by comcast has changed, and no longer provides backup software????Surely I am not the only one that cannot open their backup files created in Norton Business Suite.

Does anyone have a solution to this and/or a way to work with the backup files?

FYI, the reason I need the backup file is that my data from quickbooks for some reason is missing, and I need to try to retrieve it from my backup file. 

HELP!

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I don't know anything about that, but I suggest you post it as its own topic in the appropriate forum, since it isn't likely anyone else will see it in this thread. 🙂  (I'm the original poster in this thread about a completely different topic, so I received an email alert, but I suspect hardly anyone else will see your message buried in here.)