Skip to content
dhoose's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 12th, 2015 5:00 AM

MX record is set up but no incoming email and MX Toolbox says "No records exist"

We have domains hosted by Comcast and email has been working up until Monday.  Then no more incoming email on our main domain.  I checked the MX records in DNS Info in the control panel and they are there.  MX Toolbox shows "No records exist".  The other domain's MX records work fine.  Called support twice and was bumped up to tier 2 but 3 days later and still no response.  Please help!  No email for 4 days is really making it difficult to do business.  The domain is abledemo.net.

I just did a DNS lookup on the domain and it is reporting the wrong IP address.  According to the control panel, the IP should be 216.110.146.64 for abledemo.net but the DNS lookup shows 98.124.253.216 and that's also what I get when I try to ping the domain.  It appears that the DNS records in the control panel are not what the name servers are handing out.  The name servers in WHOIS are listed as:

Name Server: ADNS.CS.SITEPROTECT.COM
Name Server: BDNS.CS.SITEPROTECT.COM
Name Server: VERIFY1.DOMAINPEOPLE.COM
Name Server: VERIFY2.DOMAINPEOPLE.COM

But in the control panel, only the siteprotect.com are listed.

I found the problem.  The owner of the domain never verified with the email so ICANN suspended the domain.  Resent the verification email and verified and the problem is solved.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hi dhoose an welcome to the community.  Thank you for the update.  Please let us know if assistance is needed for other issue with your Comcast Business service.

Thank You