Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 12th, 2021 11:59 AM

Keep losing our static IP - Internet connection has become unreliable.

A tech came out yesterday, checked our wires / signals and plugged his laptop into our Comcast gateway and did a firmware upgrade - said our gateway was working fine.  In doing so, some of my port forwarding was change and we LOST our static IP address (we've had this address for 13+ years) which took down our external website, email and remote VPN access.  This is the second time this has happened.  The call center people (India?) were not able to fix this issue as it appears to be something in the switches @ comcast and nothing to do with our equipment.  This is the second time this has happened.  How do we keep this from happening?  We called the tech out because our Internet service kept going intermittently up and down for the past few weeks.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, and understand how important a static IP is for your file servers. Please send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of their screen and send a message to the shared handle "Xfinity Support"

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm not seeing how to send a message to "Xfinity Support" on this site.  We have a ticket with Comcast Business regarding this issue.   Ticket is CR 97116 732.  Our business is in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI on Mack Avenue (ZIP 48236).  This is the second time this has happened, so I don't have a lot of confidence that it's completely resolved.  I suspect some other group is changing things on the switching side, which is breaking us, then we must spend days on the phone (weekends) with India to get it fixed - which doesn't happen until Monday when we talk to someone locally.  We're back up for now, but again, this keeps happening.  If someone could do a deep dive into this issue - we might uncover why our static IP keeps getting deallocated.  Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

@user_d5d662 To send a private message, or Peer to Peer chat, please follow the steps below.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary  • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window  • Press Enter to send your message