Skip to content
fgodfrey's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 9:00 PM

IPv6 Reverse DNS (RFC 2317) Delegation

I looked into this several years ago, but IPv6 was not yet available in my region.  However, now that it is available, I'm wondering whether it's possible to get reverse DNS delegation set up to my name servers?  For IPv4, I was forced to call support to get them set up.  That was annoying, but feasible for IPv4 since I only have 5 addresses.  For IPv6, where I have a /56 and, thus, around 10 followed by 30 zero's possible addresses, that doesn't really work.

I've seen references on the forums sayin that this is impossible.  That can't possibly be true, can it?

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @fgodfrey! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! We certainly understand wanting to make it easier to remember a domain name than a IPv6 address. We would like to look further into this for you. Please click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details so we can help.