Skip to content
U

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, March 31st, 2024 9:25 PM

I rest my modem so do I need to have my static ips configured again

I rest my modem so do I need to have my static ips configured again? 

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

4 months ago

Hi @user_Serg,

Thank you for visiting our official Comcast Business Community Forums support page. We can certainly assist you with your cable modem and static IP subscription. If you are a subscriber to a block of Static IPs no actions would need to be taken on our end. You may need to contact your IT team to configure your LAN devices if there are specific IP and settings that you need to take place if you processed a factory restore on the modem. Are you currently able to access the Internet with no issues and are your devices functioning normally? 

• 

5 Messages

I am experiencing difficulty accessing the internet. I have incorporated a pfSense modem and configured it to utilize one of the static IP addresses within my network block for the WAN interface. Furthermore, I have disabled the firewall for the static IP block within the Comcast gateway page. Additionally, I have specified the gateway on the pfSense device as the provided gateway IP for my static IP block. However, despite these actions, the devices remain unable to connect to the internet.

Official Employee

• 

24 Messages

@user_Serg Thank you for sharing the steps your have taken and connection issues. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name, full address, and phone number. • Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it