Skip to content
J

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 10th, 2022 5:42 PM

How to get Reverse DNS configured?

Does anyone here know how I can get a reverse DNS lookup configured with Comcast? Last time I needed this some years ago, I called in, got a level 2 technician and was done. Now, I've had three phone calls into support, only given a ticket number on the third call and told customers are not allowed to speak to anyone but the basic help desk, during which each call it takes them a number of holds and 20 minutes to even figure out what a reverse DNS lookup is. Plus that automated phone system always tries to reboot my modem, so I've given up trying to call in. To think they want me to switch to Fiber.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @JohnDNeedsHelp ! Thank you for joining us on the Comcast Business Forums. I'm sorry to see you've had this frustrating experience with reaching out to us for a DNS configuration. That's not at all the experience we want for you!

Our team of experts would be happy to help! Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "direct messaging" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it