Skip to content
eleven's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 6:00 PM

How to change ip on a dynamic ip

I had have the same ip for months being told that to reset my router for it to change and like 5 days ago I called xfinity business support to change my ip manually but all they did was try to change the gateway password
please help WiFi being ddosed rn.

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

Hi! Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to reach out to Comcast for help with changing your IP. I am sorry to learn that you were advised to reset your router for it to change for months and that all we did was try to change the gateway password. As a customer myself, I understand the importance of receiving exceptional service. Can you tell me if you are wanting to change a static IP address? -Gabriel

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I tried to change the ip numbers not to static I just wanted it to stay as dynamic ip not to static.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

A dynamic IP address, for IPv4 and IPv6, has the potential to change at any given interval. A lease time is usually assigned to the IP address and once it has expired a different IP address is assigned to the device. This is something that will automatically change when the lease time expires on the modem. Can I ask why you wish to change the IP address? -Comcast_Michelle

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Everyday I play a game I get ddosed because I kill one certain person and hes toxic a lot too. Also stops us from my dad trying to run his business.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

5 years ago

I'm so sorry for this. I can imagine how frustrating this is. Aside from the IP Address issue, are you having any other issues with your service? -Rob K. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

no, just trying to change my ip numbers.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

5 years ago

Okay, perfect! I really appreciate your time. The process could take up to 20 minutes. Do you have that time available? -Rob K. 

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

Sounds good. From what I understand, one option would be to swap out your modem. In order to further assist, would you mind sending a private message with your first/last name and full address? I want to make sure I am looking at the correct account. -Gabriel

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

yes i do.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi! Just checking in to provide you with some information on changing an ip address with the help of a computer running Windows 10. Can you give the instructions a try? Linksys has a pretty good tutorial here at https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=132465#a to reset your IP address on windows 10. If this does not work, you will need to reach out to the manufacturer of your computer or Microsoft. Here are some steps below.

Right-click on the Windows key then select Command Prompt.

In the Command Prompt, enter “ipconfig/release” then press [Enter] to release your computer's current IP Address.

Enter “ipconfig/renew” then press [Enter] to renew your computer's IP Address.

Here is another link for more details on releasing and renewing a ip address. Please let me know if this helps.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/releasing-and-renewing-ip-address -Gabriel