Skip to content
gkochanowsky's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 13th, 2016 4:00 PM

How do I get comcast to create a PTR record for one of my static IP addresses?

How do I get comcast to create a PTR record for one of my static IP addresses?

This should be a common problem, why doesn't the admin interface have user functionality to do this? I'm sure you all have better things to do than create PTR records.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

8 years ago

I agree, there should be a user interface for it. For now, send an IM to a mod (red-colored "Comcast_") on the forum with your account number, IP address and requested PTR name.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

This is not advisable. 

Best to start with posting in the forum. 7 Days ago I put in a PTR request to Micheal and it's still not read.

My next idea is to post in the forum which I wanted to avoid.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Several days ago I also sent a direct email to an admin. They really need to add an interface. It's obvious that the mods have better things to do than add PTR records.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

My post is what got Michael's attention. I recalled that from before but tried (as you) a direct PM.

It may be a subtle (Get activity on the forum procedure) which is understandable.

Michael did answer my post as well as PM and it was solved.

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Have the same problem.

I have 5 static IP addresses and they all point back to the domain and not to the individual machines.

I need to have them point back to the individual machines.

I have the correct PTR records on my DNS servers, but since comcast owns the ip block I suspect they control the PTR records. 

Is there an email address or way I can send the block of PTR records so that they get updated?

Thx