Skip to content
j-comm's profile

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 1:00 AM

Have been waiting since last week for my static IPv6 rDNS PTR

This has been going on since last Wednesday; it is now Tuesday. I've spoken (or PMed) multiple people at Comcast about getting my IPv6 reverse DNS PTR record. Everyone I've spoken to (or sent a PM to) is very courteous and looks up the status of things and says that the request has been posted to the engineering team that handles such things. I even received a callback from someone on Friday of last week about this, and gave them all the details, and they said it would get set up 'right away'. But it is now Tuesday, and still no IPv6 static rDNS pointer record. Apparently there is no ability whatsoever to talk to this engineering team - all that can happen is that a note is sent to them saying this is "important" but as far as I can see, we've now had 2 1/2 working days (Wednesday since mid-day, Friday, Monday) and still nothing has been set up. I even provided what the PTR record should look like via e-mail and PM. Is there any way to see this through to completion? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

My reverse DNS for IPv6 is now working! I want to thank Ken and others at Comcast who pushed this through. Thanks again!

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

@j-comm wrote:

This has been going on since last Wednesday; it is now Tuesday. I've spoken (or PMed) multiple people at Comcast about getting my IPv6 reverse DNS PTR record. Everyone I've spoken to (or sent a PM to) is very courteous and looks up the status of things and says that the request has been posted to the engineering team that handles such things. I even received a callback from someone on Friday of last week about this, and gave them all the details, and they said it would get set up 'right away'. But it is now Tuesday, and still no IPv6 static rDNS pointer record. Apparently there is no ability whatsoever to talk to this engineering team - all that can happen is that a note is sent to them saying this is "important" but as far as I can see, we've now had 2 1/2 working days (Wednesday since mid-day, Friday, Monday) and still nothing has been set up. I even provided what the PTR record should look like via e-mail and PM. Is there any way to see this through to completion? Thanks!

Hey j-comm,

Appreciate you posting here! Apologies for the delay with the PTR. IPV6 PTRs can only be done by our engineers so I've sent another request to the team for an update with this. I know you've been waiting and we truly do appreciate your patience!

Ken

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

You’re welcome! We appreciate your business! Please feel free to reach out for future help. We're always here for you!