Skip to content
mikey_webb's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 26th, 2018 3:00 AM

Fortigate behind Comcast modem CG3000DCR

HIm want to put Fortigate behind Comcast modem CG3000DCR in order to have Site to Site VPN tunnels - i have static ip address.

From reading other forum posts i need to have the modem in bridge mode - there is no option in the config - is this hidden???

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

There are 2 types of Bridge Mode. The first is a basic Pass through Mode. Pass through Mode describes a modem which has its LAN DHCP and Firewall manually disabled through the user interface. This allows traffic to pass through the modem to a routing device and can be used since you have a Static IP address. This is not true Bridge Mode and does not convert the gateway to a basic cable (stand-alone) modem. True Bridge Mode would not be ideal since Comcast is not able to provision your equipment with our Static IP's. 

In this case, you would want to set your device with the usable Static IP address provided by Comcast, disable the LAN DHCP and the Firewall of the Comcast Business Modem. If you need assistance or further clarification, please send me a private message for assistance.