Skip to content
DCS_Enterprises's profile

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, March 1st, 2014 2:00 PM

Email forwarding setup problems

I am currently not able to edit or delete the current email forwarding entries, or create new entries.The error message is: "An error has occurred. Unable to save".

A couple of days ago I tried to edit some of my existing email forwarding entries using the control panel app at https://businessclass.comcast.net/Secure/ManageServices/ManageForwards . I was not able to edit any of the existing entries. Based on prior experience with this service, I then tried to delete all of the entries and start from scratch (a trick that had worked in the past); but I got down to only three remaining entries, and I was not allowed to delete or edit those entries. I have gone back several times since that initial failled attempt, and I am still not able to create new entries, or edit or delete the remaining unwanted entries.

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello DCS_Enterprises,

Thank you for the post.

Sorry to hear that this service was not able to meet your need; I will forward this to our product team for future update.

As for the call back, we do apologize our team didn't leave a call back number on the VM.

If you are still interested on working on this issue, I can engage them to contact you again to assist.

Thank you

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello DCS_Enterprises,

Welcome to the forum.

The community would like to help, but can you clarify a few item for us?

1. Are you using your primary account to edit these mail forwards?

2. Which Internet browser are you using?

Thank you

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

1. I have used both my primary BC account credentials as well as a secondary account that has been setup to have admin privileges. Both of those accounts have previously been used to manage email forwarding.

2. I have used SeaMonkey (a Mozilla browser), Internet Explorer, and the KDE Konqueror browser. All of those browsers have previously been used to manage email forwarding.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

DCS_Enterprises,

Thank you for the information.

This appears to an account issue that causing "a delay" on server.

We have engaged our network team to assist you with this issue.

Thank you

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Today, I see that the email forwarding entries that I was not able to either edit or delete are now gone.

Is it now safe for me to begin reconstructing my email forwarding rules, or is perhaps a Comcast eng/tech still working on the problem?

I don't want to start making changes if it might screw things up because Comcast is not yet ready for me to actually use the email forwarding feature.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello DCS_Enterprises,

Our team tried to reach you on 03/05 and 03/06 but they only got your voice mail.

At this time I would suggest to create a generic email forward as a test on your account.

If you are still having the same issue please post with your update.

Thank you

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I got those voice mail messages, but I was unable to reply because Comcast seems to block outgoing Caller ID; not even the phone number was displayed (and the messages left no callback number).

I just tried to create the email forwarding rules for one of my domains, but I was only able to get 12 rules entered before I once again started getting the same error message. I then tried to delete the new rules and start from scratch again, but I wound up with one entry that could not be edited or deleted.

I appreciate the effort by you and the network tech who managed to clear out the defective entries so that I could try again; but it has become painfully obvious to me that this is a vaporware product that simply does not work well enough to be trusted. I have wasted entirely too much time trying to make it work, and I will simply continue to use the mail service provided by my domain registrar because it does actually work.