Skip to content
W

• 

7 Messages

Friday, October 27th, 2023 5:08 PM

Domain Name (website) being blocked by Comcast

I had a case open, my clients website was a little out of date, and Comcast SecurityEdge was blocking it.  We updated everything, and even moved to a different hosting company, but no one from Comcast will call back to have the DNS team rescan the website and unblock it.  Just spend an hour on the phone with low level support, since James [Edited: Personal Information], my level 1 engineer contact is ghosting me.  Low level support can't do anything and is wasting my time, and can't seem to put me through to the DNS team, a supervisor or the security team.  HELP!!!!

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

9 months ago

We apologize for the experience @workpc Please send us a direct message including your full name and ticket number. 

I would also like to share one of our suport aritcles here:  https://business.comcast.com/support/article/internet/securityedge-manage-settings#block-and-allow-lists

• 

7 Messages

Direct message who, exactly? That link is not helpful.  This is a Comcast-wide problem, not just one client.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

Since the site is being blocked, our Customer Security Assurance team can help. The handle blocked sites and other security concerns. On their website here, it has their direct contact information as well as a link to report sites being blocked.

• 

7 Messages

@Comcast_Nick​ I submitted it.  All techs need to be equipped with this knowledge.  So much time wasted. 

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to get it submitted. CSA is a pretty well known team within Xfinity. I'm wondering if there may have been something else going on being fixed. Do you mind sending us a direct message when you get a chance so I can take a look? You can do that by click the direct message icon at the top right of the page and sending it to our shared handle Comcast Business.