Skip to content
RaganW's profile

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 12:00 PM

DNS Zone File at GoDaddy

I need help determining what Comcast DNS setting need to be entered into the DNS Zone File at GoDaddy.  I've already configured the CNAME and it was verified at Comcast.  Now I need to figure out what other settings must be changed.  For example should I change the A record to point to Comcast Primary DNS (75.75.75.75)?  ...And which email server do I use for MS Exchange?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome RaganW.  If you are moving your webhosting to Comcast you will need to change the DNS entries. The Comcast DNS Servers are listed below.

Access your registrar (e.g., Godaddy.com, Network Solutions) and update the current Name Server entries to the following Comcast addresses:

• adns.cs.siteprotect.com
• bdns.cs.siteprotect.com

Here is a Link to info on how to locate the MX records for your account as well as DNS set up.

Thank You

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_John​ The link no longer works and we have the same issue.  We are getting email rejections.. using Comcast Outlook 365 but domain is hosted by GoDaddy

Recognized Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Hi @! Since this conversation is a few years old, we would really appreciate it if you would take a minute to make a new one and we can pick it up from there. We just want to make sure no one misses this in case it is something someone else could use for help too! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks!  Added the NS entries and the MX records.  Ran a Outlook config test for one of my colleagues and all went well.  Quick question.  I am the primary on our account and would like to update my email address to the new domain.  Unfortuneately it doesn't allow me to edit my email address.  Do I need to call the support line to change it?

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

HI ReganW.  Our Business Support Center can assist with the change.  Please let us know if further assistance is required.

Thank You