Skip to content
BruceCampbell's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 4:00 PM

DMZ?

Sorry - I haven't seen this in the boards.  Can I configure our Comcast router to open a DMZ or do I need to order static IPs?   I just need one system that I can get to from the outside world.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome BruceCampbell.  DMZ can be opened on the router by accessing the Firewall Tab and then the DMZ tab.  As you state that you need remote access to only one system,  having a fixed static IP is the optimal choice as this will eliminate any potential conflict with rest of your network.  Alternately you can create a port forwarding rule for the device as this will also remote access capability while maintaining your network integrity.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Comcast_John 

This is not helping me much.  The instructions I have, which seem not to work, for QSee don't mention a Firewall Tab .  What's that? Where do I find it on one or more devices? I have many years with computers but it seems to me that the people who try to address this issue are speaking Greek.

JW Halley

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

Howdy! Sorry for any confusion! Thank you so much for getting us in thee loop on this. I hope it would be okay to ask a few questions to get my ducks in a row. Do you have access to any of the navigation within QSee? Excited to help. 

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the problem with DMZ too.

It seems that the DMZ feature on Gateway SMCD3G doesn't work. Could you help me?

I did enable that.

I did input one LAN device.

But the device can't be accessed neither via internet, nor LAN with public IP.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

HI JayLin.  Please respond to the private message with the requested information.

Thank You.