Skip to content
GaelMartinez's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, April 5th, 2020 1:00 PM

disneyplus.com unusable from a static ip but usable when turning off static ip on the router.

Hello all

I have been trying to get disney plus to whitelist my ip since december... they finally told me that my ip address was not blacklisted... when looking at the network traffic via my browser I can see two different behavior when bridging is on or not (ie static ip address enabled or not)...

When the static ip range is disabled on the modem, the following url returns a token and grants access to the service

https://global.edge.bamgrid.com/token

{"access_token": xxxxxx.... }

When hitting the same url with my static ip range enabled back, i get access denied...

{"error":"unauthorized_client","error_description":"unreliable-location"}

I was adviced originally to look at the whois info for my ip, to ensure that they clearly show the right geographical location in the US... As far as I can see, it is the case...

They finally told me to contact Comcast to get the issue solved on their side as they don't see anything else to do on the Disney side... 

Looking for a solution so that my kids can watch disneyplus during this hard period at home... Somebody familiar with a fix ?

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums.  I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I would love to assist with the static Ip concerns. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

To summarize this thread... 

I have been in contact with Disney Plus support from the launch last year to march this year, they ended telling me to get my IP records fixed by Comcast.

I approached Comcast Business Support to try to get that solved providing the name of the company blocking comcast ips, I ended up with a "ping www.disneyplus.com" done via my gateway that works !!! except the issue I reported was related to https://global.edge.bamgrid.com/token (and yes it pings too!), today I'm told to contact DisneyPlus to get them to tell me what to get fixed... 

I'm so glad to be a paying customers paying both sides of this story to be sent into errands...

If you encounter that same issue, my current work around is using a VPN connection to redirect all traffic to global.edge.bamgrid.com via a third party company that has no issue with their Ip address record being whitelisted by Bamgrid. You can also go via a residential comcast ip (ie starting by 24.x), those have no issues and are whitelisted by Bamgrid... 

I did get a business account originally to avoid that kind of hassle on the residential side ...