Skip to content
Steve123's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 1:00 PM

Created site in Wix Sitebuilder, can I host it with my Comcast domain?

I created a website with the Wix sitebuilder, but I am having trouble connecting my Comcast domain to the site I created.

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Steve123,

Thank you for the information.

Based on you post:

If your domain is currently hosted by Comcast then I would suggest the following option:

*Please note that Wix Sitebuilder does not allow customers to transfer of its content to another provider.

Option 1: Recreate the website using the Comcast's Sitebuilder program. (Steps Link)

Option 2: Change the DNS entry for the "A" record and "WWW" record to point the websearches to Wix's site.

- Here are the steps needed 

1.Sign into the Business Class Portal as a Primary Manager and select Websites from the Manage Services menu.
2.Select the Edit website link from the menu of the left side to load the Sitecontrol window.
3.Select the Domain Name link under Manage Services to load the Domain Names page.
4.Click Edit to the right of the domain to be transferred.

5.The Domain Summary screen will load.

6.Select the Advanced DNS settings.

7.Update the "A" and "WWW"

Thank you

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Steve123,

Welcome to the forum.

The community would like to help but can you clarify few items for us?

1. Are you trying "move" your website's content to Comcast's webserver?

2. Do you want to keep your domain hosted on Comcast but to have webhosting done by Wix?

Thank you

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Q 1) Yes

Q 2) I would like the domain to remain hosted by Comcast and the webhosting to ALSO be done by Comcast.

I found that the Wix sitebuilder made it simple to create the look of the website that I wanted.  I would like to avoid having to build a whole new one in the Comcast sitebuilder if that is possible.