Skip to content
max0815's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 10:00 AM

CBR-T port forwarding bug - cannot forward to reserved devices outside DHCP range

As of today with hardware model CGA4131COM (CBR-t) and software info:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: CM DOCSIS Application - Prod_17.20_d31 & MTA Application - Prod_17.2
Software Image Name: CGA4131COM_3.1p17s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: CGA4131COM
Packet Cable: 2.0

you will get an error when trying to add a port forwarding rule for a device outside the configured DHCP range. THat's bad, because you typically want specifically a fixed IP as a target for a port forward. I tried to mark my device as 'reserved' inside the DHCP range, set up the device with that static IP, but the router happily reassigned the IP address to some other device overnight causing an outage.

COMCAST, if you are reading this, please file a bug request for the web UI so that it does NOT check port forward targets to be in the DHCP range.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Hi max0815, I appreciate you reaching out to us about the issue with the port forwarding to the local IP. This would would be past our demarcation to troubleshoot but your local IT professional should be able to assist if you've already attempted these steps: https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-ip-gateway-static-firewall/ . If you happen to have any other questions or concerns, please reach back out but I hope you have a lovely rest of the day in the meantime!