Skip to content
dblazer's profile

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 8:00 AM

Can't Retrieve DNS Information

I've been trying to set up my Comcast e-mail on an i-Pad, apparently when you switch to Comcast Business Services Exvinity cuts you off from using their i-Pad app for your mail, which sucks.

Anyway, there's a provision for setting up the mail, but you need the DNS info. Every time I log in and go to the "view DNS" tab it tells me it can't be retreived, and to try later. This has been going on for two days.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

First I want to thank John for getting to the heart of my problem and stopping me from continuing down the wrong path to my objective, which was to get my e-mail back onto my i-Pad after Xfinity cut off my use of their i-Pad mail app when I switched to Concast Business Services (although I had been using that e-mail address with Business Services for almost 8 years).

When I signed the new contract I was told that all of my e-mail addresses and my phone would port over seamlessly. Not the case. And if you have a comcast.net address you can't find the DNS information on the Business Services website.

Business Class tech support sent me a set of instructions that won't work because of the above, you can't set up a Microsoft Exchange mail account with a comcast.net address. John suggested setting up the Comcast SMTP mail on the regular i-Pad app, which isn't as robust as the Xfinity one, but it works fine, you just have to switch between your various inboxes.

Not an elegant solution for a "business" address, but it works.

Many thanks to John for promptly guiding me to a "work around" for this.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome dblazer.  The view DNS on the Business Portal verifies the settings for your Comcast hosted email.  If you are using

@comcast.net as you hosted email

Thank You

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

That doesn't work, it says "Exchange account - unable to verify account information".

I think something is wrong elsewhere, why wouldn't it retrieve the information on the web site?

I get this message:

We’re sorry, but we are unable to retrieve

your information right now.

Try Again...

I've logged in and out, closed the browswer and opened it again, and rebooted the computer and modem.

?

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks John, I'll try that. I thought it might be there if I waited 24 hours after getting my login activated, but it's still saying that it can't retrieve it. I'll give this a try and let you know. Thanks.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Dblazer. Please send me a PM with your contact information and I will have a Tier 2 agent contact you directly.

Thank You