Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, January 13th, 2023 12:24 AM

Access my website externally

Hi how to assign the static IP to one of my computer sever so I can open it for out of network?  Currently this server has a private IP address. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Hello! I've included an article that covers the basics of setting up a static IP address. The article also has some hyperlinks on the left side for related articles that may be helpful: https://business.comcast.com/support/article/internet/using-a-static-ip/?linkId=133604154

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you. I looked through all articles, still did not work out.  I tried static routing, tried NAT, all failed. What could be wrong?  I just want to open my server to internet. I want to use the static IP I purchased for my server. How can I do that, since my server is not assigned a local private IP already. I tried to search in computer setting without success as well. Thanks again.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I mean my server is now assigned a private IP already.  How can I directly assign or do some routing to get the connection work?

Recognized Contributor

• 

27 Messages

This next article could be of some help. Take a look at it, and if it isn't then let me know and we can go from there. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/ec2/assign-private-ip-addresses.html

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for all the directions. I was able to figure out eventually. There may be different solutions. But my solution was manually setting the static IP address to my server. And everything went from there. Essentially my server has a static public IP, not a private IP. That solved my problem. Nothing else needs to be done from the router/gateway side I think.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

You're most welcome. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with. 

I no longer work for Comcast.