Skip to content
Psychoholic's profile

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, September 15th, 2014 8:00 AM

Tried to cancel, got screwed, was told 3 times a supervisor would call me and none EVER has.

Signed up for Comcast business in my new shop in August of last year (because I have been a very loyal customer for more than 10 years at home and spend $170 a month on my home service bundle - even when I could get Uverse for next to nothing because of my wife's discount as an employee, I stayed with Comcast because the speed was better), service was fine for almost a year.

In June someone bought the building my business was in and I shut the doors.  I called Comcast to cancel and was told that I would need to pay the remaining balance for expected revenue for the rest of the term of the contract, move the service to my house (a 10th of the speed mind you), or get the new owner to take over the account.  Since my business is no longer and I already have service at my house, I tried to get the new owner to take over the account.  They agreed - but after submitting the paperwork 2 times the new owner decided it was entirely too much hassle dealing with "too big of a pain in the butt" service at Comcast, he turned it back over to me.

I have called 3 times.  One of those times I got to someone in retention, explained my plight, got transferred to technical support, who then transferred me back to retention.  All 3 times I have been told a supervisor would call me back (this goes back to July 29th) and nobody has ever called me.  Today I get an email saying I have a past due balance.  

Can SOMEBODY show some customer empathy and help this just go away??  

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Psychoholic,

Sorr for the late reply to your query.

We've engaged our regional support to assist and address this issue for you.

Thank you

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

**bump**

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Bueller?  Bueller?

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I shall eagerly await their response.

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Can I count this as a 4th time someone said they would call me and never did?

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

"CR*redacted* 09/29/2014 09/29/2014 Internet BC Social Media Support"

Was this ticket that was opened and closed in the same day for me?

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Got a call and spoke to someone who understood what was going on - the person I talked to was not only quite understanding but helpful.  I am pleased with the resolution we came to.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

Psychoholic,

I happy to hear that this was resolved.

Thank you for sharing this with community!

Occasional Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I called Comcast Business to fix a problem that was about to cost me a client. After 5 unreturned calls and messages, ported my phones to AT&T and told Comcast I quit in May. I have now called 5 times, completed the stupid discontinuance form and sent 3 emails it is almost 3 months and they are still billing me and refuse to answer my attempts, just as the supervisor did when I had the cable problem. When I ask for a supervisor get the third degree so they can have one call in 48-72 hours. Then this call never happens. I know they will try to report my lack of payment to the Credit Bureau. What else can i do?

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am currently waiting for a call back myself. It has been several days since I was told a supervisor would contact me. I was told when signed up for service, under a 2 yr contract, that I would not be penalized if my store went out of business and I no longer needed the service. Unfortunately, amidst current worldwide events, my small, local, thrift store has closed. Comcast is trying to penalize me $1,300, after I was told I would not be penalized. I am trusting that Comcast will do the right thing, without waiting for a presidential order, forcing large corporations to forgive such penalities against small businesses that have closed during this time. 

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I am so sorry to hear that your business has been impacted by this virus. Although we would hate to see you go I would love to address the termination fee and cancelation concerns. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full business service address and account number or phone number?