Skip to content
bryanmuller's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 6:00 PM

Rate change on a 36-month price-locked contract

Hello!

Background: I'm a current Business customer with an active 36 month price locked contract and just discovered that the modem rental fee has increased by about 13% this month. Here's the issue; the contract I signed has all the charges (including the equipment) listed as line items including their amounts. Per the contract, this pricing was supposedly locked in.

I spoke to Business customer service yesterday evening but the agent was unable to assist me or escalate this issue upward to billing. Case # CR813029963.

(For what it's worth, I would prefer to have my own equipment outright, but since static IPs are involved, I've been informed this is not an option and the Business Gateway must be used).

Preferred Resolution: There are a couple ways that we can handle this; I would prefer to be prorated the amount of the increased modem rental fee for this month, and have the current contract terms reinstated for the remainder duration it was signed for per the terms of the agreement. Or, be issued a one-time credit for the difference of the modem rental fee until the contract's end date (25 months from now).

Alternate (but not preferred) Resolution: If fixing this issue is not feasible, since the contract has been modified and I did not agree to the change, I would like to have the early termination fee clause waived.

Thank you in advance.

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

6 years ago

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. I can help with the billing concern. Would you mind verifying your full name, address, and a phone number linked to the account so I can help?