Skip to content
williadw1955's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, November 17th, 2014 7:00 AM

Not under contract.. under contract.... Don't assume Comcast will tell you.....

I contacted your customer service,  becuase I am closing my home based business, on 11/6 and spoke to a woman by the last name of Crosby and inquired if I was still under contract. I SPECIFICALLY asked her that question. AM I UNDER CONTRACT ANYMORE? 

I was told I WAS NOT and I was under a month to month agreement.

I am switching back to residential Internet & Phone with TV ( I had no TV before ) and compared all the residential TV, Internet & Phone plans and ended up not going back to Comcast  residential service because I got a better deal elsewhere. 

I contacted your support today to close my business account.. as.. like I said.. I am closing my home based business AND NOW I AM TOLD I AM UNDER CONTRACT until June. Now I have to pay for 2 more months of service and another 266.00 to come out of my contract.

This is the perfect reason as to why Comcast gets such a bad name. I switched my residential service and will NEVER.. EVER sign up for anything with Comcast again.

I cannot gauge my level of anger at all this.

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

RESIDENTIAL/BUSINESS SERVICE.  Once you are hooked with residential deals and service promises, they trick you into business contracts by saying that you need to upgrade in order to meet your needs. 

I agree completely.  I signed up for residential svc. after being assured my internet speed would be more than adequate for use with directv.  within less than 2 wks. I had contacted customer svc. numerous times and was pushed into a business contract because "residential internet svc. wasn't adequate for my needs".  I ended up wiith equipment I don't need nor understand, a contract and get this, my previously unlisted number was now being listed as a business.  And for 3 wks. I could call out but incoming calls were told number no longer in svc.  LOCAL OFFICE GAVE ME TERRITORY MGR. CARD WHO TOLD ME TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. 800#.  Now no one will take responsibility for any of this, I am stuck.  This is why I cancelled 

Comcast years ago, but Verizon has been slipping fast as well.  Seems like Comcast promises the moon for new residential service, then steers you into a long term Business contract once they have you signed up again.  I trusted the customer service personnell to tell me the truth.  I also expected the local regional mgr. to look into this but she sent an automated response to my complaint!  Be careful folks.  There is definitely something shifty going on behind the scenes.  Comcast residential and Comcast business are the same company, yet they aren't, yet they are.  They are sure quick when they bill tho.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Had they told me I was still under contract when I called to ask, I would have waited to get a new provider. But they told me I was paying month to month. 

Mighty helpful of them....