Skip to content
U

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 9:41 PM

False promises, abandoned calls, and a mountain of mislabeled and unresolved CR tickets with no reason or explanation. Thousands STOLEN.

I was told by multiple customer service representatives that we would receive a credit on our account for 10+ months of unused service after the head of our organization fell sick and was physically and mentally incapable of knowing about, much less signing a 30 day disconnection notice in July of 2023. This was for one of our locations (on a different account). 

By the time I (his personal assistant) called to cancel service in April of this year, over $2100 had been automatically withdrawn from his account with a month -by month usage of ZERO on both the phone and internet services. He and his wife thought that the Comcast charges each month were from our other account (which I renewed in March) that is attached to the same card.

At first I was put on hold for 2.5 hours only to have the call disconnected before getting in touch with a customer service representative. This representative helped me to understand that we could not discontinue service immediately because of a a policy that we couldn't find in our out of date service agreement or the addendums in the link he sent me.

He then learned about our owner's illness and inability to know what was going on and said this was a different circumstance. He said he would send a new disconnect request and put in an escalated ticket to attempt to have a credit for some portion of the many months applied to our account. Two days and multiple follow up emails to him and I stopped getting responses. 

Another 2 hour phone call, in which I made the rep stay on the phone with me while I waited for the disconnect request to finally come in. I then asked about the credit that I was told about before. I even gave them a CR number I had. Ticket didn't exist in their system anymore. Huh that's weird. Looked at support tickets on our account and there wasn't a billing or retention ticket, but a phone ticket still open that also miraculously disappeared with no explanation. 

New Rep gave me hard numbers for the credit I should expect to receive on our next billing statement, 3 months of our unused service: $743.96 

They said they couldn't approve that amount, but did approve $150 and put the remainder ($603.96) on a support ticket for the following billing period. He told me to remove auto pay from the account and wait for the next billing period to see the credit on the account. This ticket was escalated and I  should expect to hear form a supervisor or at the very least see if on the next bill. The equipment was all returned at ups days later. 

A follow up call on the support ticket and was told that the ticket was resolved with no explanation. Call gets much longer, customer service representative tells me that the automatic billing system sometimes does this automatically, and advised me to make a support ticket for the remaining credit I was promised. Again I was told the credit was escalated and to wait until the next billing cycle. 

Next billing cycle (weeks after the 30 day notice), no credit, no disconnection, and the escalated support ticket? It was 'resolved' according to the site. New phone call explaining the same thing again. Now we have a disconnected account showing a small balance and no credit. I opened a new ticket and was told to wait for a supervisor's call within an hour. Nothing.

Called back today to check in on the ticket. Was told that the credit was rejected because "the system says it is a valid charge." 

I don't understand why support would tell me "this is an issue that requires a ticket because the system will automatically update, so ignore that." then tell me "oh yeah, that system I told you to ignore? The one we filed this ticket to remedy? Yeah, that system says it's a valid charge, so you owe us money and we couldn't credit you any amount anymore because the account is closed." 

Well, I have another account I say, you could credit that account for 1/5th of the unused service we paid for over the last year. Hold on, they said. Hold for 45 minutes. Finally: I checked with my supervisor and there's no way we can credit your other account (identical-same email, payment method, business name, billing address, etc.) for this issue. It is literally impossible for that to happen. 

This is super confusing to me. I had not "merged the two accounts" on the Comcast business home page over the last 3 months because I was trying to cancel the account, but I guess there's no way for Comcast to send a credit or refund payment to customers. I'd imagine as one of the largest corporations in the world, they would be able to send money to a bank account they've had on file with the same address for over a decade, but hey! According to every rep I've talked to, Comcast can't send credits they promise, and when they can't, they definitely  can't explain why it was denied other than "system says so." 

So here we are, 3 months later, no credit, a balance on the "closed" account that can't receive a credit anymore, but it can receive a ticket number for a representative to call me back or email me to explain why the credit we were promised was rejected, why the disconnection request we filed wasn't entered into the system until two business weeks after it was accepted on docusign, why support tickets appear, disappear, and aren't explained in any way, and why the customer service rep policy at Comcast is to gaslight your loyal, 10+ year customers into thinking the quintuple escalation means anything other than "file that in the wrong place, delete on the info, and mark it closed." 

For the record, this one's [Edit: Private Information Removed]

I should be getting a call from any real life supervisor any moment now. I'm counting the seconds. 

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

5 months ago

Hi @user_343146

Thank you for reaching out and creating a detailed post to provide feedback regarding your recent experience. I see there were medical issues that resulted in the service not being used for some time. During this, the account is charged for the services. I understand you've been reaching out for a while to help clear this up. 
Along the way, you have gotten various tickets made with different answers each time. I'm sure that didn't make this any easier to navigate, and we appreciate all your efforts so far. I can gladly review your current tickets and provide any updates we may have so far. I ask that you reach out privately so we can cover the details of your account.

To send a "Peer to peer" / "Private Direct message" message to "Comcast Business":

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/peer-to-peer-chat

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

• 

3 Messages

The illness did not result in the services not being used, the illness resulted in the owner's inability to execute the 30 day cutoff notice that he was unaware of. The illness occurred after he called and cancelled. Because he was in the hospital and bedridden and was unaware of and unable to tell us about the 30 day notice that was in his emailbox still unread, the service he thought he cancelled was charged month after month. I will reach out privately. 

• 

3 Messages

Returning to this, have not received updates or information about any of this from any customer service representatives or the local comcast rep that I was told would be calling me. I have only received fake spam emails from "comcast executive care" saying that I need to put in my DL number, social security number, and serial numbers of equipment that I returned over a month ago in order to help with this dispute. Feel free to let me know if this is accurate, but I don't know why comcast would need this information to help me with this pretty cut and dry issue in which comcast has repeatedly gone radio silent after admitting wrongdoing and deleted tickets and walked back promises.

Now I really truly hope that your online reps would not be asking for social security information or serial numbers of returned equipment in order to move forward with an issue that has nothing to do with anything I stated previously, but who knows? Maybe someone in the backend up there at comcast is funneling the information in your system to scammers. 

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

Hi, @user_343146. Thank you so much for your patience with us through this. As someone who was a victim of a spam attack before, I can understand how those emails would seem fake. I received your screenshot and confirmed that email is from our Comcast Executive Relations team and rest assured they are just awaiting your response as the next best step towards getting this resolved. They are extremely well-versed and functional in this space. Would you mind responding to that email?

(edited)