Skip to content
DofTNet_Enterprises's profile

New problem solver

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, November 15th, 2023 4:32 PM

Email from someone claiming to be a comcast business representative is "sus", as the kids say...

I recently received an email at the address I use exclusively for sending and receiving email from Comcast that claims to be from a "National Sales Director" for "SMB Solutions" and includes a Comcast Business logo and privacy footer, however the From: address is not from a comcast or xfinity domain but rather a domain that has been registered with GoDaddy.  This appears to be a phishing or some other social engineering attempt.  Because I received this from an external domain at an address that I use exclusively for Comcast, it also appears that a data breach may have occurred.

What is the best way to provide the details of the message to Comcast (headers, etc.) so that they can look into this further?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

8 months ago

@DofTNet_Enterprises Thanks for reaching out and alerting of that phishing email you received! Great job at checking the email domain! The best way to report this is with our security team. I have a link for the direct website at https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse#:~:text=Report%20phishing%20email%20sent%20to,subject%20line%20%22Phishing%20email.%22. Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week

(edited)

New problem solver

• 

25 Messages

Looks like the gist of it is to copy the headers and send to the [Edited: "Personal Information"] address with the subject line "Phishing email".

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

@DofTNet_Enterprises Correct, you would want to forward the email to our Customer Security Assurance team for review. 

Customer Security Assurance