Skip to content
N

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 4:27 PM

Early termination fee

Hi, our business is in the 14th month of a 36 month contract for phone and internet service.  We are in the construction industry and are experiencing a slow down and workforce reduction.  We recently reduced our staffing from 18 down to 7 and have reduce our office staff.  After calling to cancel our service,  we were  informed there was a $1,050 termination fee.  Even though our business isn't closing, we would like to terminate our internet and phone with cause.  We can no longer afford it and don't need it.  I would like to know if these circumstances warrant waiving the termination fee.  If not, I would like to ask for a reduced amount.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

1 month ago

Hello, user_5fe08f  thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out over Comcast Business Forums. You've contacted the right place for support, but wanted to help get the proper expectations set up that we're unable to help with account changes. We do partner with our dedicated Comcast Business retention experts, who can assist with going over downgrade service options.

From experience, I've only seen early termination fees applied if all service has been disconnected. I can open a request to have one our awesome experts follow up and can help answer all the questions and make changes. Since I will need to gather some information to locate your account, and don't want that in our public conversation. When you have time, please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Comcast Business Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the business name, and the service address

• 

2 Messages

Got it, will do, thank you.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

1 month ago

Nstar05 I appreciate you sending the direct message with the requested information, that is helpful. I'll follow up with you there to continue. 

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

1 month ago

Nstar05 I appreciate your time working with me today. With getting the Comcast Business retention contact submitted, I'll watch for an update and make sure to follow up with you in our direct message. If you need anything before I touch base again, please let me know. Have a good day.