Skip to content
U

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2024 6:57 PM

Early Termination Fee - Business Closed

Our business closed permanently 1 weeks ago due to lack of business to cover expenses. After calling to cancel our service, I was informed there was a $599 termination fee. We have had service since February of 2023, but had the internet speed increased in Janaury 2024.  The Comcast Business Service Order Agreement" document is the only thing I signed, and it does not mention an early termination fee.  I did also reading the Comcast BUSINESS SERVICES CUSTOMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, Section 5.2 Termination for Cause Section (c) A Service Order may be terminated by either party immediately upon notice if the other party has become insolvent or involved in liquidation or termination of its business, etc.  This should be understood that we terminated for cause by the customer because the business was closed for good.  Our business terminated with "cause" so to me there should not be a termination charge.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

4 months ago

user_f00d5e, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Business Support. I am sorry to hear about your business. We want to do everything we can to help. Please send us a DM with your name, the name of your business, and address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

user_f00d5e, Sorry about that. I do see that a ticket was already created and our retention department should be getting in touch with you. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

There is no mention in the contract of an early termination fee. There is a link on page 2 that takes me to a website, https://business.comcast.com/terms-conditions-smb, where another link downloads a .pdf, and on page 2 the Termination Charges are described. That seems about as transparent as putting it in a box in a locked cabinet of an unused bathroom in an abandoned building. The sales agent did not mention it, and I did not see the terms in the contract that I signed, therefore I did not agree to them, and should not have to pay over $1000.00 fee.