Skip to content
U

• 

4 Messages

Monday, September 16th, 2024 3:00 PM

Customer Support Issues

My business location is a rural residential location that require cable installation from the curb to the building. My cable was improperly installed in May of this earlier this year. The third party contractor Xfinity/Comcast engaged arrived on site with as spade and resulting attempted to bury the cable resulted in a number of locations along the run that where exposed.  When I contacted Comcast business support about the situation the technician indicated that the cable would be replaced and buried appropriately.  Most recently the county mover snagged the cable and pulled 20 feet out of the 1 inch burial performed on the drainage ditch where the cable was run. Fortunately the operator stopped before breaking the line and inform us of the issue.

I have contracted Comcast support on 2 additional occasions in an attempt to determine the status of the correction will be completed.  Unfortunately, there appears to be a disconnect between Comcast support and their ability to schedule/track cabling installation performance. It has been over 5 months and this issue remains unresolved and I have no visibility into the any scheduling issues or timeline.

Isn't there some support mechanism Comcast/Xfinity could put in place to allow customers insight into local support for outside plant scheduling issues that affect individual subscribers?  Or do i have to wait until the cabling is shredded and i have no service?

Official Employee

• 

31 Messages

30 days ago

Hey there, user_db9cc8! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Comcast Business Forums. I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the line issues, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. We would be happy to look into the details, and ensure this is resolved as quickly as possible. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

• 

4 Messages

responded to 'comcast_business' account

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

31 Messages

Perfect, we look forward to assisting you user_db9cc8