Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 29th, 2023 2:44 PM

Advance notice for planned updates

I'd like to suggest that Comcast Business account holders be notified at least 24 hours in advance of impending infrastructure/system updates that may cause service outages. These unscheduled outages may be a minor irritant for residential customers, but far more impactful to business clients. 

We experienced an outage Tuesday morning with no notice. Upon calling Comcast, I was told (via recording) that "a system upgrade to enhance my user experience" had been installed, that I may need to reboot my router to resume service - and it may take 30 minutes for service to resume. Long story short, service did not resume until 3pm.

In order to do our jobs, my wife and I had to uproot our office essentials and relocate to an alternate work site - Starbucks or a library won't do, as we both work with sensitive/confidential information - it's the primary reason we pay twice the price of residential service for our business account.  If we'd had advance knowledge of the impending possibility of an outage, we could have prepared and adapted (moving/canceling meetings, downloading work materials, etc.) so we could remain productive in our respective offices. Instead, we were scrambling for a location that met our needs and could accommodate us on a last-minute basis (thank God for friends with their own business offices!).

My point is, if Comcast can tell me (based on the phone number I dial in on) where I live and whether or not there is an outage in my area, they should be able to use that same information to warn me when system updates may cause outages. Better yet, those updates should be pushed outside of conventional business hours so that if outages result, they can be fixed before business hours on the next day.

Accepted Solution

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out. We truly appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through this website and app https://business.comcast.com/myaccount. Account users with the role of “Primary Manager” will also receive interruption notifications as long as they have added their mobile number to their user profile. Primary Managers will also automatically receive text messages notifying you of certain planned service interruptions resulting from Comcast Business network enhancements. Not all Comcast service interruptions are planned events, so you may not always get a notification of the event.