Skip to content
kmaxx's profile

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 9:00 PM

Upstream Channels

Hi,

I've switched from residential to business 50/10 internet and was curious if my signals/channels look ok with the amount of upstream channels? Can someone confirm? Everything tested ok with the tech and seem to be getting proper speeds on the speedtests, but want to make sure as I've seen some users with 3 upstream channels before.

Here are screenshots:

downstream.png
upstream.png

Accepted Solution

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

In a theorhetical sense, each upstream channel is capable of providing around 30Mbps. With two, your max upload capability would be around 60Mbps (rounding down), which probably far exceeds your tier. I wouldn't worry about performance with only two bonded channels. At this point, your tier/package would be the limiting rate. As Epoisses said, your power levels look good. Happy surfing!

Accepted Solution

New Contributor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

hiya kmaxx. Looking at these they appear to be on par. I normally look out for the upstream power for any issue (range of +5 ~ +57) but yours looks good. With # of channels it depends on the market/cmts u r on (so I am told), so as long as I get the speed I signed up for eh Cat LOL

EP

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks all!