Skip to content
rblackford's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 13th, 2015 10:00 AM

Upgrade to Deluxe Not Activating

Hello -

On Feb. 03 I upgraded my connectivity to Deluxe 50/10... I see the new speed reflected in the Services section of my online dashboard, but I am still receiving the previous plan's speeds, as confirmed at speedtest.comcast.net.

I have cylced the power on my modem as instructed when calling 1-800 Support, but this did not resolve the matter... does an admin need to remotely access my modem to configure the new speed?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hi rblackford.  I apologize for issues you've encountered with this. The Deluxe 50/10 package requires a DOCSIS 3 device.  Currently this account has an SMC8014 DOCSIS 2 device.  It will be necessary to replace the device with a DOCSIS 3 capable device in order to achieve the 50/10 service level.  The Business Service Center @1-800-391-3000 can schedule a service call to replace the device at your convenience.  We can also assist with the service call.

Thank You

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks so much for the assist John - I'll give the Business Service Center a call back on Monday now that I know the exact request to make of them. I appreciate your monitoring the boards and helping us out!