Skip to content
firegod42's profile

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 9:00 AM

SPAM/junk mail filtering.

I have been experiencing large fluctuations in the amount of junk email that I receive over my MS Exchange email addresses.  For a period of time, many months ago, I was receiving hundreds of junk mail items each day on multiple accounts hosted on Comcast biz.  Then, after getting resolve by tech support for an issue with managing email addressses on the Comcast Biz website, the amount of junk mail dropped down to only a few items each day.  Then, without any change/indication, it has ramped up again over the last few weeks.  I am once again getting dozens up to hundreds per day.

Have changes been made on the provisioners side that can account for these large fluctuations?

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi firegod42.  The spam filters are set at the individual email address level.  While on new email address they are set to standard default levels they can be customized at the user level.  Here is a Link  to information on how to set the filters to the appropriate levels for your users.

Thank You

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast_John,

Thanks for the reply.  The issue that I have and am speaking to is that of what is referred to as the Company Level in the referrence material you provided.  I am fullly aware of and have had my local client configuration pertaining to Junk Mail in Outlook so as to filter at the High level.  In the Comcast Business Class UI, there is a setting to enable Junk mail filter for all email accounts.  I also have it set to On.  Both have been set to those levels for as long as I can recall.  The problem is that up unitl many months ago, I was receiving very little junk to my local client when polling the server.  Then, without change by me, I began receiving a plethora of junk.  After some account issues associated with email and the user interface that was resolved by a high level support technician in Comcast, the volume of junk to my client dropped markedly, back to the level of early on (perhaps only a few each day).  Now I am back to receiving dozens to hundreds each day again and nothing has been changed either on my client nor in my account settings in the Comcast UI.  I suspect that filtering at the Exchange Server level may be the culprit and I, unfortunately, have no means by which to prove it and can only voice my concerns to Comcast in hopes that they will look into the issue.

The overwhelming point to be considered here is that if the filtering is working correclty at the enterprise level, I should not be receiving the high volume of junk to my client when polling the Exchange server.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

HI firegod42.  I have engaged the Comcast Security Team to assist you with this issue.

Thank You

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you.  Should I expect contact from someone and if so, via what means?

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem.  I also have my local junk mail filters set.   I was out of the office for three days last week and came back today to this list of spam.   Why is there so much of it?  It's getting worse and worse.

Spam.jpg

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am also having the same problem. An influx of junkmail beginning around Oct/Nov 2014. I spend each day sending them to the junk mail folder and adding them to the blocked list. The problem is that I keep getting the same junk mail from different addresses, so I then add filters. I must have 2 dozen message filters for the junk mail. Did something change with Comcast, because this was never a problem???