Skip to content
mhanley's profile

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, January 10th, 2022 10:40 PM

SecurityEdge - Unable to Disable Malware and Phishing Protection

I am unable to disable SecurityEdge's Malware and Phishing Protection at https://securityedge.comcast.com/.

The option is grayed out:

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @mikehanley! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. That is pretty odd what have you tried already to get that option turned on?

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem- like to turn off the Malware and Phishing Protection but the option is On and gray out, can't turn if off. Any solution for this?

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

Hi everyone. Please take a look at this look for us. Let us know if any of the included info is helpful at all: https://comca.st/3IIKVNn.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

No, it is NOT helpful because it does not contain even a non-working (let alone: a working) answer on how to solve the problem.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

For those of us who are experiencing business impacts due to incorrect classification of our business websites as "malware" or "phishing", can you recommend another Internet service provider that would be able to unlock this type of configuration option and thus enable us to remedy this business impact?

Recognized Contributor

• 

27 Messages

It looks like there was a link provided in an earlier post, did that not help you with anything? I am happy to help with your services however I can, but I want to make sure we cover some of the basics first. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Comcast_Morgan@Comcast_Morgan​ That's a fishy looking url.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the same issue. Don't need comcast nannying me.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is ridiculous, Comcast Business is causing completely legitimate sites and businesses to show up as "Malware and Phishing" if they do not have an SSL, even if it is just a forwarding URL going to a site with an SSL, in this case the very well known and totally safe site teachable.com!!!

It is totally unprofessional and is hurting small businesses. 

I am using these URL's as forwarding addresses for my client's business and I cannot even check to make sure it is working with my Comcast Business internet! It is the worst!!

Want to cancel and go to ATT Fiber ASAP!!!!!

Recognized Contributor

• 

27 Messages

I can understand that you would be frustrated. I do see that someone posted a link earlier, was that able to help you at all? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

I just don’t understand why we cannot turn this setting off. So frustrating. 

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Imagine wanting to adjust settings

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

You can get it disabled by calling CB support. Just start there and don't waste any time in the defective UI. It's regrettable that the domain list is such an absolute dumpster of false positives, but ultimately Security Edge is just a junk bullet point for sales pitches, not something you're supposed to actually use on a production network. 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

• The best solution I could find was to completely disable the SecurityEdge™ feature, which is uses-less IMO if you have a proper enterprise setup.
  • You DO NOT want to remove this feature from your service as it will break your "combo" package and they'll charge you more. Typical Comcast 🎩

Disable SecurityEdge™

Step-By-Step on How to Disable SecurityEdge

1. Login to https://business.comcast.com/
  2. Click the blue "Manage Internet" button
  3. Look for a box under Services & Equipment labeled SecurityEdge™
  4. Click on the > icon within the title area of the box.
    • DO NOT Click "Visit SecurityEdge".
  5. A side panel should open on the right-side giving you the option to disable the service.
  6. Untick the box to set the status of SecurityEdge™ to Disabled.
  7. Within 5-10 minutes your blocked URL should be accessible.
  8. Profit! 💰

SecurityEdge™ FAQ

Reference this post please: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/customer-service/comcast-refuses-to-unblock-our-website-or-show-us-why/64f1ffe42afef0112cca4796 

1 Message

@idontevenworkhere

When opening the SecureEdge flyout, I do not have a box that can be checked or unchecked to enable/disable SecureEdge.

Here are the contents of my flyout:

STATUS
Unable to load information
Please refresh the page or come back later.

Schedule reports 
Make the most of your SecurityEdge protection
  • Enable web content filtering
  • Create your own custom block page
  • Get recurring reports of aggregated statistics emailed to you
Visit SecureEdge (button)

(edited)