Skip to content
TheWebGamer's profile

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 9:00 AM

Poor Connectivity, 10-60 second lag spikes and outages

We are an internet based company.  Our connectivity defines our success and or failure.  At this time we are loosing customers again.  We have had Comcast refund 6+ months of service charges this year alone.  We thought you had everything fixed, and now we seen to be back to square one.  We have constant lag spikes which last 10 to 60 seconds where there is NO traffic being routed through your modems.  We call these outages, and we know you like to argue that they are not outages.  We do not care what you want to call them, they are killing our business which is effecting our ability to take care of our employees and their families.  We keep seeing that "Comcast Cares", but letters to those Supervisors and Network Engineers we have been told to work with are NEVER answered or addressed ever.  And this way of dealing with your customers has gone on the same way for years.  The only time we get any attention is when we start talking with our Lawyers, which we are doing so again today.

Take a look at just how wonderful Comcast Bulsines Class is... it stinks!

http://vindicator.us/images/ComcastBusiness.10-23-2012-TWG.jpg

http://vindicator.us/images/ComcastBusiness.10-24-2012-TWG.jpg

Comcast Business 10-34-2012

Responses

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

10-26-2012 packet loss

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

You can watch it live as you wish.  This is to the  173.166.234.158 on your modem.

http://www.dslreports.com/r3/smokeping.cgi?target=network.cfa9de46e85fbe281211952aeb2b5f6f.CA1

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Our internet is down the toilet yet again tonight.  Worse then the normal poor internet we have had for the last two months.

CR# 302144256

Evening 10-26-2012

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry forgot to post the new numbers.  They said they will have a truck here in 4 hours.  We will see and I will post the results later tonight or tomorrow morning.  11:30 PM now, so I am looking for a 3:30Am service call.

CR302144632

ER012469513

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

BTW:  Just for kicks.. here is a monotor on another Comcast modem in the same building.

http://www.dslreports.com/r3/smokeping.cgi?target=network.7e9afcdfea24817b63818b31623aea62.CA1

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

We are unable to reach anyone in Tier 2 Corporate Escalation tonight.  None of my other primary contacts are answering email or their phones.   I am back to demanding that Comcast toll a truck which I know is totally useless, but it does hit them in the pocketbook. All I can do is have them roll a truck 2 to 4 times a day to get their attention.  If I do not go out of my way to totally hammer them constantly, they will ignore you and hope you go away.

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Only slightly off topic...  Why are you routing IP traffic From Sacramento, to Fresneo CA, to another router in Fresno then back to Sacramento before sending the packets down to the LA Ibone? You just doubled the latency to LA...  Why?

Comcast wasted loop?

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Comcast Escalation called this morning and asked how the service call went last night.  I was sorry to tell them they not shown up again, and they never called.  They assured me someone will be here in 45 minutes and someone did show up.  Too bad this is the time of the day when my internet is at its best (as you can see from the charts).

Last night I ran a ping test to Comcast.com to keep packets within their network.  My settings were to send 32767 packets which lasted around 10 hours for the test.  Packet size was 256, timeout was 500ms.  32767 packets sent, 30478 packets received at 6% lost.  Round trip times min 91ms, max 125ms average was 94ms.  There were no packets received between 125ms and 500ms.  They just vanished.

Comcast to Comcast pingtest

Last nights monitoring stats

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

New Ticket CR302176697

The tech pulled in a new F2 underground to the Office and put both our modems on a single dedicated cable that goes directly to the pedistal.

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Several techs have told me today what they have been telling me for the last 18 months.  The problem is in between the head end and my office.  There are no problems at the head end, and there are none at all at my office. 

We have a single direct cable from the pedistal to the modems.  The issue is still out there, in the neighborhood.  bad cable, faulty amp, box gone bad... Something that is feeding massive line noise into the network causing a constant 6% packet loss.   A 24 hour test from my office to comcast.com (To keep it all in the Comcast Network) has shown a constant 6% average packet loss.  The line noise is so bad that Comcast equipment is timing out and restarting to sync up again.

Massive packet loss still.

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

On the phone with Tech Suport right now.  Asking for a Cr# and an ER# so I know that Comcast knows this is still an active issues and not resolved. 

The tech said specifically that she could see “Signal Power issues in my up stream RX Power that was not Green, but were Yellow and Red”  She said with this she could send out a truck, but she was told that it was unlikely anyone could show up before 10AM to 12:Noon tomorrow.  By then the nightly line noise will be gone and they shall close the ticket and mark it resolved.  Now if I keep this up every single night for the next year, I wonder if anyone at Comcast will notice a trend?

New active Tickets:  CR302214916   ER012481826

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Checking my Modem....

RX Up stream power

I normally see upstream power at 46 or 47 when everything is running good.

Lets look at the downstream that was not addressed by the over the phone tech support.

Downstream power TX

Looking at the downstream.... 

Should the downstream power be 3 point something and not -0 point something?

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

Hello again,

This is to inform you that every single ticket that "WE" (Comcast Tier-2 and our company) have opened for the Web Gamer has been closed and marked RESOLVED.  There are no current pending tickets noting that we have any issue or problems with our network.  I am calling in and placing yet another report for a new ticket right now.

CR302144256: RESOLVED

CR302144632: RESOLVED

CR302176697: RESOLVED

CR302037997: RESOLVED

ER012469513: RESOLVED

There you go… check them for youself…

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

New active Tickets from last night:  CR302214916   ER012481826

Comcast was again unsuccessful in their ability to roll a truck during the worst of our packet loss last night.  Nor were they able to locate a telephone to call us as we were told they would last night.  This morning, 13 hours after an escalated ticket was made, a line tech did show up and ask me what the problem was.

Please note, that at this time of the day, this is our BEST internet connection in a 24 hour period always...

So with a line tech sitting in the chair next to me, I ran the following tests and with the results posted below.

When we started running the tests the only lag we had in the last 3 hours was an hour ago...

11:22AM

Here are the modem power levels...

Upstream

downstream

Jitter and Packet loss test

jitter loss

Looking at the local 4% local packet loss from the head end to my modem.

4%

I was up again for the second night in a row till 4AM waiting for a truck or a phone call which again never happened. 

Thank you again Comcast!

Frequent Contributor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

10-28-12 4:20 PM PST