Skip to content
Thomas's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2013 7:00 AM

Outlook log on info no longer recognized by server

All my employees can no longer access the exchange server through comcast from their personal computers.

All of us can access the internet, and the internet version of Outlook through the comcast portal. All of us can retrieve e-mail through home computers and hand-helds through the comcast portal.

All of us experience the same issue at our individual workstations: once the log on information is sent through the Outlook program, the comcast server does not recognize us.

This is similar to a problem I had two months ago, where the comcast server was not recognizing my e-mail and log in information when operating through outlook.  That required a server side fix of the corrupted data file.

It took me three weeks to get someone to pay attention to this, and the fix took a matter of minutes once I got the technical folks on board and they finally admitted it was a system wide issue, where the server was arbitrarily rejecting passwords,  but I am hopeful this can be dealt with quickly, this time.

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have this same issue reported it a couple months back. Worked for a few days then nothing and still not working. Have not had the time to nor desire to call as support is hit or miss, work most of the time then what I can with family. The sups never call back, and had a guy laugh at me over the phone plus didn't do anything to resolve the issue.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome Thomas.  I apologize for the delay in replying to the post.  Our service center found a change in the firewall settings.  Please retry and let us know if the issue persist.

Thank You

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome Nunekin.  I apologize for the problems you've encountered with getting your issue resolved.  We have referred this issues to the regional service center for resolution. We will update this post with the resolution.

Thank You

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. The problem did resolve.  You can have all the credit! 

My continued concern is that within the last two months, this has happend twice on the server side, to completely disrupt my law office and the work of all my employees for several days. We pay far too much money for this service to ask our employees to rely on their Verizon accounts, and hand-held devices to do our work.  Prior to that, we had no problem for at least two years.

Question:  What is going on at Comcast to cause continued corruption of files associated with the account?

Regards,

Occasional Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@Comcast_John wrote:

Welcome Thomas.  I apologize for the delay in replying to the post.  Our service center found a change in the firewall settings.  Please retry and let us know if the issue persist.

Thank You

I set up POP email but the dialog box requesting Comcast credentials displays. I went to my account and successfully changed my password but this not not fix thee problem in Outlook. I saw this problem was resolved for others by fix on Comcast systems. Why do i now have the problem?

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi jwhllc. In order to assist we will need the details surrounding your particular issue. 

Thank You