Skip to content
sonamjim's profile

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 1:00 PM

Outages and low upload speeds

We have had several short term outages in the last week, and two longer term (3 or more hours) in the last few days. We have also been having very reduced upload speeds (2Mbs instead of 20). A field tech visited and found most everything was ok (during one of the times when we had service). What's the next step in looking at our upload speeds?

Accepted Solution

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I just wanted to check in with you as we did have a tech out on 9/14/18. I am showing that they were refused entry. Is there a better time or date for me to schedule someone so that this can be addressed? 

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to assist with the internet service concerns. Can you please reach out to us through private message with the name, address and phone number on the account? 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I tried that and received an error saying I had reached the limit of private messages for this account - and it's the first one I ever sent. WT?

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the information Jim. I have reviewed the previous visit. I do show that the technician stated that the issue was directly related to the internal equipment or wiring. Have you made any changes to the internal setup that would have impacted the services and saw no change? 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Customer number 

• Account Number

• Billing Address
    Service Address

Phone (main phone number not available at my workstation)
    Account telephone is - do not use it.

Thanks, 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I spoke with a CSR on Thursday last who said your diagnostic equipment   reported "low signal levels," and set up the appointment. Before the tech could arrive, we had a four hour outage on Friday (sept 7). When the tech arrived on Monday, 10 Sept, he reported that the signal levels were "too high" and installed an attenuator. He never said that the signal level was the cause of our upload speed problem, and he never claimed that the attenuator would fix it.

We have made no changes to our network infrastructure between two weeks ago and this time.

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

I can schedule another technician to the location to further review the issues and concerns that you are experiencing. Would you like me to schedule someone? 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Please do schedule a technician. Thank you very much.

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

I can have a technician to the location today 9/13/18 between 1pm and 3pm. Would this work for you? 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, thanks. I realize I'm replying late, so any time until 5, or any time tomorrow works, too.

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

They should be at the location soon. I will follow up and continue to check in to make certain that we get this resolved for you. 

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

You are fine. I actually pre-scheduled the appointment so that I would not lose the window. So I have that appointment scheduled for you. I am actually showing that they should be on site now. 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

You rock! havne't heard from them yet, but the window's stll open.

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I do show that the technician was out yesterday, but I am showing that he completed the order as he did not have access. Was there a device he could not get access to? 

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks Comast_Michelle,

I never heard from the technician. No text, no phone call. So I don't know who s/he asked for access, but it wasn't me. We're in a small office, I would have noticed if s/he had shown up.

We're 1430 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138, Floor 5.

Best contact is 781 254 7537.

thanks again,