Local Problem with Hot Weather Conditions?
I've been tracking an issue while we've had some unusually warm weather in this area and comcast business modem & voice resetting simultaneously.
(This isn't really a truck roll moment, it's more of a "hey are you guys aware of this" thing)
If the temperature in this area (zip 98055) goes above 80F, there seem to be periodic resyncs/resets with the connections. (I would hazard a guess that some of the equipment is in a non-temperature controlled room and eventually just starts wigging out).
A few things seem to support this theory:
1. I've been tracking outside temperature along with these (usually) brief outages
2. They seem to begin in the late afternoon (around 3pm ~ 4pm local time) when the temperature is near it's peak.
3. They continue, semi-randomly, until around midnight when it's really starting to cool down.
1. 2014-07-01 16:57 outside temp: 93F
2. 2014-07-01 20:55 outside temp: 83F
3. 2014-07-02 15:31 outside temp: 81F
4. 2014-07-02 15:55 outside temp: 81F
5. 2014-07-02 16:03 outside temp: 82F
6. 2014-07-02 20:03 outside temp: 76F
7. 2014-07-06 15:50 outside temp: 87F (this was an especially ugly one, didn't get sync back for 23 minutes)
Anyway you get the idea.
My home office here is air conditioned but air conditioning isn't very common in this area so I can totally see that maybe somewhere up the line something is overheating.
There's also a lot of construction in this area so there could be some issues related to that too.
I believe the equipment and connection at the home office here is fine (and it's a 2012 install) but just have been noticing some possibly temperature related issues.