Skip to content
U

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 12:56 AM

intermittent outages <5 minutes

Hello, I have Comcast Business connection in Nor Cal. I have a compatible Arris modem. 

I have been experiencing intermittent outages that last for less than five minutes. When I called support, they haven't been helpful. They keep saying it’s your modem, however, they’re not able to provide any log for modem that shows intermittent outage.

They just keep pointing out that it’s my modem that’s that’s causing it but unable to provide the proof. 

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_301ce0, and thank you for connecting with us today. We are sorry to hear about the trouble with your services, but happy to take a closer look. Can you tell me what kind of troubleshooting you have already done on your end? 

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Linda​ I have done power recycling and restarts as usual troubleshooting.

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Linda ​ I can do the restart now, if you would like. Since it's a business, troubleshooting now, which is after hours, is preferable.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

@user_301ce0 Okay, so that gives us some time to troubleshoot. Please send us a Direct Message, so we may review the account in detail. 

To send a "Direct Message" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business":

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
  • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
  • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it"

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Linda - I just reposted the issue in Direct Message- with service address and account no.

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

Thank you, @user_301ce0, for the DM. We will continue there.

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

@user_301ce0, no worries. I just wanted to know what you had done to avoid repetition if possible. Were you able to check if connections were secure and finger tight at the wall and behind the modem? Sometimes just taking a look at the cabling to make sure there aren't any obvious kinks or wear in case a cable swap is needed to improve the connection. Is your business closed now?

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Linda​ Thanks. Yes, I always do that with usual troubleshooting.

Yes, the business is closed now until 8 AM PST tomorrow.