• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2022 7:53 AM

How to finalize service disconnection with billing dept

Here a chronology of events:

12/7/22: Called to disconnect my internet service

12/7/22: Disconnect request signed and completed

12/9/22: Equipment returned via UPS store

12/9/22: New bill posted for 12/14/22~1/13/23 (what?)

12/14/22: Equipment return completed on 12/14.

Account paid in full up to 12/13/22.  Was told there's a $175 early termination fee, though it was not mentioned on the contract I signed years ago but whatever.  Original contract has long since expired and I'm on month-to-month for many years.

When I checked the account, billing page still carries on like nothing happened, with new charges posted on 12/9 for service on 12/14/22~1/13/23.  How do I fix this?

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

@user_3cfc48, we would be happy to take a look at your account and see what we can do. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Angie​ 

'Xfinity Support' is not in the search list of the To: field

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

You need to type Xfinity Support in the "To Field". 

• 

5 Messages

It won't let me proceed.  Nothing happens when I press 'Enter' and anything else like 'Tab' clears the field.  Am I in the right place?

https://imgur.com/a/owltMt1

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

You need to make sure you are signed in before you go to the next step. Follow these instructions to send a DM. 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Let me know if you are still having trouble. 

• 

5 Messages

I'm fairly certain I'm logged in but still can't type anything in.  I'll try calling tomorrow instead.