Skip to content
G

• 

4 Messages

Friday, December 23rd, 2022 5:51 PM

How many Public DHCP IPs in Bridge Mode with Dynamic IP?

I've asked this before [1] but I'm looking to see if I can get a definitive count or answer.

If I have a Comcast Business modem with Bridge Mode and plug in multiple routers into the modem with DHCP assignment, each router will pull a different public dynamic IP address. That's working as intended, but I wanted to know how many such devices can I pull public IP addresses for? If I plug a switch in, can I get as many dynamic public IP assignments as routers or will there be a limit? I'm not looking to abuse the service, but wanted to know whether I can count on any specific number.

[1] https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/conversations/connectivity/multiple-dynamic-ips-in-bridge-mode/615103550bcff942ed6c33ea

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

51 Messages

2 years ago

@GARDEN. That is a great question! I have checked my references and there is nothing about a limit. I will see what I can find and get back to you. 

New problem solver

• 

39 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for your patience @GARDEN . We have done some research, and I am not finding a specific answer to provide you. It looks like this question is account specific (depends on the plan you have). I would like to take a closer look at your account. We can circle back around to the public Forum once we have an answer. Can you send us a direct message? To do so follow these steps.

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon:

or https://comca.st/3OSGmTC

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list

- An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it"

Our team will be on standby!