Skip to content
gantphoto's profile

New Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, January 29th, 2024 8:10 PM

Got a text message and email stating there is an issue with our internet, and wanted me to schedule a tech to come out

So, I get a text and an email stating the same thing, that there's an "issue with your internet", and wanted me to schedule a tech to come out to check.

I call Comcast business, and after they looked into it, they said there were issues with wiring in the area, and that it was all on the outside of my house. That I didn't have to schedule anything and that the text and email were automated. They closed out the ticket.

But the very next day (today), I get the same text. PLUS, over the past 3 or 4 days, our internet has been slow, then fast, then slow. Up and down. No disconnections, just very spotty in terms of speed. I'd do a speed-test and it comes back usually to 250-350 Mbps download, which is around what I'm paying for. But the speed of things in the real world is again, spotty. When playing an online game, the latency is really really high. Usually it's around 15-20 ms, but now it's 150-200 ms.

I call today, and the person I'm talking to is very unhelpful. She seemed more interested in making sure I knew about the business portal and how to pay my bill then working with the issue. She didn't seem to care about the last ticket and what I was told the day before, and that she was going to send a tech out here in two days. This isn't helpful. I'm getting bad connections on me doing my JOB now...which is the main reason I went with Comcast Business.

I've reset my modem about 5 times now since Saturday. I've turned everything off and back on. I've rebooted my router. And this problem has only been doing this...off and on...for the past week. I also use my own router, the Netgear Nighthawk CM1200 which we've had for about a year now. We have had zero issues with our service for years...but now we have this and so far the Customer Service seems apathetic towards the whole thing.

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

7 months ago

Thank you for letting us know what is going on. Reliable internet is crucial for remote work and we are here to help. I would like to look into your account more to see what we can do. Please send us a Direct Message, so we can help out. Detailed steps on the process are listed below. 

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Comcast Business Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Official Employee

• 

46 Messages

7 months ago

Good morning @gantphoto! I hope your day is going smoothly. We wanted to circle back and check in on how your technician visit went. We appreciate all of your time and patience. Please let us know if you need anything else, we're here to help!