Skip to content
tfirma808's profile

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

Monday, August 24th, 2020 11:00 AM

Disable SecurityEdge / Upgraded service and transparent dns proxying started after modem swap

Hello, my service was updgraded, and a new modem was installed:
     PN: CGA4131COM

Since the modem install and updgrade to new service, our DNS is not resolving to those configured manually.

No changes were made to any devices on the network other than the service upgrade/new modem.

It appears there is transparent dns proxying occurring.

I have seen others with the same issue and responses indicating that SecurityEdge needs to be disabled.

How can I request SecurityEdge be disabled on my account?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, Robert. Tier 2 support called me back the following day. Though the Tier 1 support person had disabled SecurityEdge, it didn't appear to stick. Tier 2 disabled it, and the DNS issue was resolved. All good now. Thanks!

Summary for anyone trying to resolve this DNS this issue:

*Issue*: Modem install and updgrade to new service breaks manual DNS configuration (transparent dns proxying occurring).

*Fix*: Contact tech support and have them disable SecurityEdge. If it doesn't work when Tier 1 disables it, open a ticket with Tier 2.

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Update: I called tech support, and they disabled SecurityEdge. It did not fix the issue with my upgraded service having a transparent DNS proxy (hijacking DNS). They opened a ticket with level 2 support.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there! I'm so sorry for the delay. During this time we have a need for an increased support, but we are doing our very best to make sure we respond to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much for reaching out. You've absolutely reached the right place, and are in good hands. I will own this Issue for you and ensure that I provide the best help I can today. All I need is a private note your full name, account number (follow link https://comca.st/2QkF8nR, account number is at the top right)and address including city, state, and zip code exactly how it reflects on the bill, and I can help you with whatever questions or concerns you may have. 

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach back out and keep us updated. I am so glad to hear that our advanced support teams were able to get to the bottom of the DNS issues and disable the security edge services for you. I can only imagine how frustrating that issue was for you and I am so happy to hear that we got to the bottom of the issue for you. Were there any further questions or concerns that I can address for you today?