Skip to content
sgrayban's profile

New Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 8:30 AM

Disable Security Edge

I want to disable Security Edge completely -- apparently even if I set custom dns servers in the gateway it still bypasses it and is causing issues within my network and this has to stop.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

3 years ago

@sgrayban Hello and thank you for taking the time to post on our Comcast Business Communities Forum! I am sorry to hear Security Edge isn't working the way you were expecting. Can you give me some more information on what you mean by it bypassing it?

As far as removing security edge is concerned, you can disable a lot of the features via the Security Edge web portal, but fully disabling it all the way would require the service to be removed from your account. If this is what you would like to do, you would need to contact our phone support team at 1(800)391-3000. This team would be able to assist with repackaging your account to no longer include security edge. 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Security Edge is still blocking "Phishing" (misclassified) even though the support team as "Fully Disabled" it on my account.  This product is garbage, if the customer cannot have control over it.

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

@TMain - As mentioned above, you can contact our Comcast Business phone support team at 1(800)391-3000 if you would like to have this service removed. I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns at this time, and we'll always be here to support you and your business however we can.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Sara

It does not help.  I have tried that route, and they tell me they will disable it, but it is STILL BLOCKING items, and I, as the IT Admin for my company, have NO ACCESS to allow for any exceptions.  

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I feel your pain bro.  When I signed up for Comcast Business for my home - I just needed a block of statics for my mail server - this garbage was never mentioned.  When I tried to have it removed from the account, I was told that it was part of the "bundle" and could not be removed.  That was after Comcast Business sold my information.  [Edited: "Inflammatory/Language"]

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

24 Messages

@user_775d18 I was able to get mine disabled not removed.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

@sgrayban Same here.  FYI, I was told that it would be re-enabled automatically if I had to hard boot my cable modem.  I have my own enterprise firewall that actually logs the connection data, rather than just send me some [Edited: "Language"] notification that it "stopped a phishing attempt" like it's Norton Antivirus or something.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. 

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

same here. going through the same issue. keeps blocking site we need. i went to the site and turned it off, but still blocked some sites. i then was escalated to Tier2 where i was told they disabled it. Apparently there's another level of disabling that Tier 1 does not have.

but i still have the issues. 

i am working on getting it completely removed but was told i had to redo the package and pay more. So now going back and forth.

Recognized Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Thanks for sharing this @user_56ef28, if you need additional support, please create the new post thread and I will take a look! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_56ef28​ any update on this? i'm having the same issues

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Comcast security edge must be the dumbest program every written!  We recently signed up for a business account with this "service" which blocks us from ordering from Amazon, from seeing information on our suppliers websites, from viewing the website of a physician who might want to partner with us etc. I called to have it "disabled".  We shall see.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@user_1e7e4a​ Its not dumb at all. They make money selling our information. They sell the websites you visit to advertisers. This is why they make it difficult to remove. The offshore staff on this forum are clueless and simply play the "im sorry we will help" game but do nothing. I love the fact that verizon and tmobile are both expanding their home and business 5g wireless. Comcast needs to get their act together or they will be broke once folks learn there are real viable alternatives. How dare they intercept our traffic without our consent! It is now 3 years after the original post yet nothing has been done. This service messes with our new firewall by hijacking the DNS.

(edited)