Skip to content
F

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 6:37 PM

Construction Project - Convert from Overhead to Buried

My property has telephone poles in the rear, carrying electric (ComEd), Comcast cable TV/internet service, and copper and fiber AT&T service.

As part of an upcoming construction project, I plan to have these telephone poles removed and the overhead Comcast service buried for me and the neighboring property to the east.

We finished our architectural drawings and applied for a building permit. However, the city requires me to obtain a letter from ComEd, Comcast, and AT&T indicating that they have reviewed the architectural plans and are OK with the proposed plan to bury the service.

I called the Comcast Business customer support number (800-391-3000) and, after being on and off hold a few times, was told I needed to go into an Xfinity store to request an engineering review of my property.

I'm not confident that the customer service representative I spoke with understood the situation or was directing me correctly—I can certainly go to an Xfinity store, but that doesn't seem correct to me. 

Does anyone know how I can start this process with Comcast and, most immediately, get a letter indicating that we are OK with proceeding with the construction plans?

To clarify, I am a current Comcast Business customer.

Official Employee

• 

53 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @frankl1, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Business Forums regarding this line bury/letter request. We also truly thank you for your patience when working with us on this platform, and our apologies for the delay. My team is here to support you and would love to double-check the correct process of getting this properly addressed/taken care of. To better assist you, please send us a Direct Message with your full name, full address, and phone number. To send us a DM, Click "Sign In" if necessary;

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it