Skip to content
jnathanroberts's profile

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, July 7th, 2018 9:00 AM

Constant dropouts on new service

I'm new to the business side of Comcast, but I'm already struggling with my internet service.

I have a MB8600 in place and I'm getting consistent dropouts all day every day.  I've done some basic reading online and it looks like it's maybe an upstream problem.  My modem reports the power on the three bonded upstream channels is consistently in the 51-54dbmv range.   At some point two of the streams "drop" and I'm left temporarily with a single upstream channel at 57dbmv.  Then the modem stops funtioning entirely and I have to reboot it entirely.

The event log also has pages and pages of T3 errors in it.  Is there anything I can do to stop the constant drops on my end?

Accepted Solution

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to assist with the internet service concerns. Can you please private message the name, address and phone number on the account through private message? 

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I just wanted to follow up that I think my problems are gone for the moment.  The previous owner of this house had two splitters outside of the house for some reason.  I eliminated them and now my modem stats look normal and there are no new T3 errors in the log.

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

This sounds great!! Please reach out if you continue to have any issues.