Skip to content
swamplander's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 4:00 PM

Can't access specific site on Comcast, but can on ATT / Verizon / TimeWarner

I'm trying to access a specific website but for a few days at a time, I can't connect to it. I've verified this site is online & functioning propertly... to me there's an issue within comcast's network where a router is simply dropping the request. I've done a trace route and see it making it pretty far but after 10 or 11 hops, it times out. However when I switch to my Verizon jetpack / mifi device, I can hit the site (and doing a tracert to the site makes it the whole way)... same is true on AT&T.

I've verified I'm resolving to the correct IP for the site & it's the same IP when I do a NSLOOKUP against it from various devices on various networks (also confirmed with a registar's WHOIS tools).

The site works just fine for a while, then is unreachable for a few days. As you can see above, I've isolated it to the fact it's a comcast network issue. I can't find a way to call and get passed the first level support as I've clearly done my homework, nor can I find a way to issue a ticket. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This isn't a trivial site: it's to enter parents into a background check system for a public school system in the fastest growing community in Florida.

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I haven't performed an inbound tracert... I didn't know there was a difference. I haven't run it when the site is working as this is the third time and when it comes back up and when it does come up, we get back to work on the site... I'll make a mental note to do that when we can reach it again.

As for when it happens, there's been no pattern... day of week, time of day... it just randomly seems to be unavailable for a few days and then come back.

Problem solver

• 

305 Messages

10 years ago

Are you able to post inbound trace routes of when it is working and when it isn't? getting outbounds as well can be helpful. Also, does it stop working on a specific day or time, or is it random?