Skip to content
zak706's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 11:00 AM

Can't access certain comcast IP from my comcast service.

Trying to RDP or even ping ip in range 173.160.x.x range and 50.79.x.x from my service.  current ip is 98.252.220.x I can access these sources from other isp and other comcast services.  Not all comcast access is being block for me as I can get access to an rdp session from another comcast modem.  Its ip is current. 24.99.x.x  

I have restarted my modem.  

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome Manna.  Based on the info in the post this could be an issue with  a firewall setting.  Log into the gateway and make sure you can ping your connected device.   Also are you testing the public from a device that does dot use the SMC as the gateway?

Thank You

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome zak706.  If you will send me a private message with the to & from IP addresses on your network I will have our Tier 2 group investigate.  

Thank You

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I'm trying to test MS Remote Desktop Protocol/Terminal Services. I have a computer connect directly to netgear cg3000dcr (rg45). I have set the network adapter to a private ip address assigned by dhcp. I have create a port forwarding rule "rdp" public range 3389 private range 3389 and set the ip address to the one assigned to the network adapter on the attached computer. remote desktop is enable on the computer I can access from remote desktop (the windows program) and its ip address on the LAN. However when trying to access it using the public Ip address I can't access It. any suggestion?????

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure what happen things are working fine, not sure if I'm double Nat-ing or not?

However my issues is resolved.

Thanks

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

This has not been resolved, not sure why this manna guy added his crap to my msg.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

This has nothing to do with my post.  Not an accepted solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry it was not my intention to close this conversation, only to acknowledge that for the time and energy spent I had a solution to my problem : connecting to remote desktop via a public ip address. If I could be of any assists??

Again Sorry didn't mean to close this conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Dude, this was not your question to start with.  This is why I hate asking for support on forums cause idiots like you do not know how to start your on thread.