Skip to content
J

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 25th, 2024 3:07 AM

Cannot add static route CGA4131COM

I have my CGA4131COM connected to my router and I reserved the IP address 10.1.10.2/24 and placed it on my router interface that my Comcast gateway is connected to.  My Comcast gateway LAN interface IP address is 10.1.10.1.  I have a network configured on my router [Edited: "Personal Information"].  When I try to add a static route on the CGA4131COM for the [Edited: "Personal Information"] network with the gateway IP address of 10.1.10.2.  I receive the message "Failed, please try again later. Message: Gateway IP must be reachable. Netmask must match route address".  No matter what I try I cannot enter a static route.  I also cannot ping 10.1.10.2 from the Comcast gateway.

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

2 months ago

@jsl_588  Hi there! Are you still having trouble with this?

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

Yes, definitely.  I still receive this error when trying to enter a static route

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

I'd love to help. To send a "Direct Message" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it"