Skip to content
U

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024 12:03 AM

Business Class - Connectivity issues 5 static IP

Pings work generally fine, low latency <25 ms with the occasional ping drop.  However when trying to get actual packets from a regular URL, it is very hit or miss and mostly miss.  Requiring 4-5 hard requests via the app that is asking for the url and data to hopefully finally get packets.  Streaming is very painful, but once it starts to go, it seems to work as long as the request stays the same.  Comcast modem looks to be configured correctly.  I've had numerous techs out with nothing getting resolved.  Does anyone else have issues with Static IP config and comcast business modem in routable mode with true static IP firewall off?

Its been a baffle for every tech that has come out to solve the problem.  I will say I do believe the issue is upstream, as when a power outtage happened, my generator and UPS enabled me to stay online.  Immediately, everything was blazing fast and working but as power was restored to the area, the "hit or miss" returned.  Rebooting the Comcast modem does little to nothing.

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

8 months ago

Hello user_8e21a4. Thanks for reaching out and letting us know more about the issues you're having with your ping. Can you tell us more about the actions you're performing when this happens?
Can you also tell us about your setup. Do you have a separate router, splitter, amplifier or any extenders connected to your Comcast modem?

• 

2 Messages

The actions are going to any website or any streaming site.   In general, I get sporatic high latency delay.   I've recently disconnected everything and I get better connectity removing my Cisco FW and switches from the mix.  Using either DHCP address or a static address properly configured with a direct connection, the issue mostly goes away.  

I've changed the port my Cisco FW connects on to port 6, and this has improved the issue, but still seems to be ongoing when behind my Cisco FW.  This was never the case prior, so not sure what has changed.

I'm trying to now determine if there is a compatibility issue with my Cisco FW and the Comcast Business Gateway.  I've got a support id opened and will look to troubleshoot with Cisco to see if we can see the latency and where it is being introduced.  I have other gear that I will test.  If you have any known issues with Cisco FW behind this newer gateway (CGA4332com) let me know.

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

@user_8e21a4 I wasn't able to locate any tickets for the CGA4332com. It's interesting the connection gets better when you remove the additional devices. Are you able to connect on different ports without an issue? Did they mention how long the support ticket would take? 

1 Message

@user_8e21a4​ I also use a Cisco firewall, but no issues. What model and firmware are you using?